Quality : 5 nations health protection
At the recent meeting of the Perspectives in Public Health editorial board, meeting, I heard that this years Five Nations Health Protection Conference will take place at Belfast’s Europa Hotel on Tuesday 1st and Wednesday 2nd May.
If you are interested in submitting an abstract, then there is still time, although the deadline is fast approaching : Sunday 12th February.
The conference is organised jointly by the Public Health Medicine Environmental Group in partnership with public health agencies in five nations:
- Health Protection Agency (England)
- Public Health Wales
- Public Health Agency in Northern Ireland
- Health Protection Scotland
- Health Protection Surveillance Centre for the Republic of Ireland
The purpose of the conference is to provide continuing professional development to :
- Consultants in Communicable Disease Control
- Consultants and Specialists in Public Health Medicine and their
- Colleagues in the epidemiology and control of infectious, non infectious diseases and environmental hazards
Key topics will include :
- HCAI: the role of health protection
- Surveillance: data, information or intelligence?
- How outbreak investigation can advance scientific knowledge
- Travel infections: excess baggage
- Sexual health: unwanted souvenirs
- Hot topics
- Poster sessions
And if you are interested in attending, please note that Friday 13th April is the last date for registration.
If you would like to receive a fortnightly email of new articles from me, then why not enter your email address at the top right-hand side of this page.
For more information about healthcare quality, safety, risk management and governance please search at the top right-hand side of this page.
© Copyright 2007-2012 Better Outcomes Ltd. Please print, download and save this article for your non-commercial use.