Quality in healthcare means different things to different people. What does it mean to you?
The main influencers* in the NHS Quality agenda, have identified eleven measures and these are listed below. The percentage scores represent how many of the our main influencers* in NHS Quality, include each of the eleven measures in their definitions of Quality. For example, patient experience gains 100% because it is the one measures that is identified by all of the main influencers in NHS Quality.
- 100% : Patient experience
- 75% : Patient safety
- 75% : Access (to care)
- 50% : Clinical effectiveness
- 50% : Outcomes
- 50% : Value for money
- 25% : Productivity
- 25% : Independent/healthy living
- 25% : Capacity
- 25% : Equity
- 25% : Timeliness
The Chartered Quality Institute broadly agrees with these and itt adds another six :
- Reducing waste and variation
- Improved market share
- Business continuity
I’ve summarised this information here and please feel free to use the attachment, acknowledging that it is the copyright of Better Outcomes ltd.
* The main influencers in NHS Quality are :
- Care Quality Commission, 2009
- Lord Darzi’s High Quality Care for All, 2008
- Quality Innovation Productivity Prevention, 2009
- Quest for Quality, 2008
Over to you : What does healthcare Quality look like to you ?